Subject: [PATCH 4.14 52/69] genirq: Initialize request_mutex if CONFIG_SPARSE_IRQ=n

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 20:59:10 +0200

From: Kefeng Wang <[email-masked]>

commit e8458e7afa855317b14915d7b86ab3caceea7eb6 upstream.

When CONFIG_SPARSE_IRQ is disable, the request_mutex in struct irq_desc
is not initialized which causes malfunction.

Fixes: 9114014cf4e6 ("genirq: Add mutex to irq desc to serialize request/free_irq()")
Signed-off-by: Kefeng Wang <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Mukesh Ojha <[email-masked]>
Cc: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Link: https://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

---
 kernel/irq/irqdesc.c |    1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

--- a/kernel/irq/irqdesc.c
+++ b/kernel/irq/irqdesc.c
@@ -535,6 +535,7 @@ int __init early_irq_init(void)
 		alloc_masks(&desc[i], node);
 		raw_spin_lock_init(&desc[i].lock);
 		lockdep_set_class(&desc[i].lock, &irq_desc_lock_class);
+		mutex_init(&desc[i].request_mutex);
 		desc_set_defaults(i, &desc[i], node, NULL, NULL);
 	}
 	return arch_early_irq_init();

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel