Subject: Re: [PATCH 12/21] dma-iommu: factor atomic pool allocations into helpers

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:35:12 +0200

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 04:06:56PM +0100, Robin Murphy wrote:
> OK, I'm still looking at mmap and get_sgtable, but for now I've pushed out 
> a partial branch that consolidates alloc and free in a way which makes 
> sense to me:
>
>   git://linux-arm.org/linux-rm  dma/rework
>
> Please let me know what you think.

>From a very high level POV this looks ok, but sometimes a bit to
convoluted to me.  The major issue why I went with the version I posted
is that I can cleanly ifdef out the remap code in just a few sections.
In this version it is spread out a lot more, and the use of IS_ENABLED
means that we'd need a lot more stubs for functionality that won't
ever be called but needs to be compilable.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel