Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] Optimize dma_*_from_contiguous calls

From: Nicolin Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 15:33:32 -0700

[ Per discussion at v1, we decide to add two new functions and start
  replacing callers one by one. For this series, it only touches the
  dma-direct part. And instead of merging two PATCHes, I still keep
  them separate so that we may easily revert PATCH-2 if anything bad
  happens as last time -- PATCH-1 is supposed to be a safe cleanup. ]

This series of patches try to optimize dma_*_from_contiguous calls:
PATCH-1 abstracts two new functions and applies to dma-direct.c file.
PATCH-2 saves single pages and reduce fragmentations from CMA area.

Please check their commit messages for detail changelog.

Nicolin Chen (2):
  dma-contiguous: Abstract dma_{alloc,free}_contiguous()
  dma-contiguous: Use fallback alloc_pages for single pages

 include/linux/dma-contiguous.h | 10 ++++++
 kernel/dma/contiguous.c        | 57 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 kernel/dma/direct.c            | 24 +++-----------
 3 files changed, 71 insertions(+), 20 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel