Subject: Re: [PATCH] IIO: stm32: Remove quadrature related functions from trigger driver

From: William Breathitt Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 19:18:29 +0900

On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 11:12:24AM +0200, Benjamin Gaignard wrote:
> Quadrature feature is now hosted on it own framework.
> Remove quadrature related code from stm32-trigger driver to avoid
> code duplication and simplify the ABI.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Benjamin Gaignard <[email-masked]>

Although this functionality is now provided by the Counter subsystem, we
should keep the IIO Counter interface for this driver intact since
existing user applications may depend on it; this is the same reason why
the IIO Counter code in the 104-QUAD-8 device driver was not removed
despite moving to the Counter subsystem.

Once user applications have had enough time to migrate to the Generic
Counter interface, we can consider removing the deprecated IIO Counter
interface.

William Breathitt Gray

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel