Subject: [PATCH 00/25] clk: sunxi-ng: clk parent rewrite part 1

From: Chen-Yu Tsai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 16:03:56 +0800

From: Chen-Yu Tsai <[email-masked]>

Hi everyone,

This is series is the first part of a large series (I haven't done the
rest) of patches to rewrite the clk parent relationship handling within
the sunxi-ng clk driver. This is based on Stephen's recent work allowing
clk drivers to specify clk parents using struct clk_hw * or parsing DT
phandles in the clk node.

This series can be split into a few major parts:

1) The first patch is a small fix for clk debugfs representation. This
   was done before commit 1a079560b145 ("clk: Cache core in 
   clk_fetch_parent_index() without names") was posted, so it might or
   might not be needed. Found this when checking my work using
   clk_possible_parents.

2) A bunch of CLK_HW_INIT_* helper macros are added. These cover the
   situations I encountered, or assume I will encounter, such as single
   internal (struct clk_hw *) parent, single DT (struct clk_parent_data
   .fw_name), multiple internal parents, and multiple mixed (internal +
   DT) parents. A special variant for just an internal single parent is
   added, CLK_HW_INIT_HWS, which lets the driver share the singular
   list, instead of having the compiler create a compound literal every
   time. It might even make sense to only keep this variant.

3) A bunch of CLK_FIXED_FACTOR_* helper macros are added. The rationale
   is the same as the single parent CLK_HW_INIT_* helpers.

4) Bulk conversion of CLK_FIXED_FACTOR to use local parent references,
   either struct clk_hw * or DT .fw_name types, whichever the hardware
   requires.

5) The beginning of SUNXI_CCU_GATE conversion to local parent
   references. This part is not done. They are included as justification
   and examples for the shared list of clk parents case.

I realize this is going to be many patches every time I convert a clock
type. Going forward would the people involved prefer I send out
individual patches like this series, or squash them all together?

Stephen, would it make sense for you to pick up the first 7 patches that
touch the clk core? And then we can base our clk branch on top of those?

Thanks
ChenYu

Chen-Yu Tsai (25):
  clk: Fix debugfs clk_possible_parents for clks without parent string
    names
  clk: Add CLK_HW_INIT_* macros using .parent_hws
  clk: Add CLK_HW_INIT_FW_NAME macro using .fw_name in .parent_data
  clk: Add CLK_HW_INIT_PARENT_DATA macro using .parent_data
  clk: fixed-factor: Add CLK_FIXED_FACTOR_HW which takes clk_hw pointer
    as parent
  clk: fixed-factor: Add CLK_FIXED_FACTOR_HWS which takes list of struct
    clk_hw *
  clk: fixed-factor: Add CLK_FIXED_FACTOR_FW_NAME for DT clock-names
    parent
  clk: sunxi-ng: switch to of_clk_hw_register() for registering clks
  clk: sunxi-ng: sun8i-r: Use local parent references for CLK_HW_INIT_*
  clk: sunxi-ng: a10: Use local parent references for CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: sun5i: Use local parent references for CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: a31: Use local parent references for CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: a23: Use local parent references for CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: a33: Use local parent references for CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: h3: Use local parent references for CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: r40: Use local parent references for CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: v3s: Use local parent references for CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: sun8i-r: Use local parent references for
    CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: f1c100s: Use local parent references for
    CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: a64: Use local parent references for CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: h6: Use local parent references for CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: h6-r: Use local parent references for CLK_FIXED_FACTOR
  clk: sunxi-ng: gate: Add macros for referencing local clock parents
  clk: sunxi-ng: a80-usb: Use local parent references for SUNXI_CCU_GATE
  clk: sunxi-ng: sun8i-r: Use local parent references for SUNXI_CCU_GATE

 drivers/clk/clk.c                        |  10 ++-
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun4i-a10.c     |  39 ++++++---
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun50i-a64.c    |  41 +++++----
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun50i-h6-r.c   |   2 +-
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun50i-h6.c     |  69 +++++++++------
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun5i.c         |  34 +++++---
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun6i-a31.c     |  39 ++++++---
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun8i-a23.c     |  34 +++++---
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun8i-a33.c     |  34 +++++---
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun8i-h3.c      |  29 ++++---
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun8i-r.c       | 104 +++++++++++------------
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun8i-r40.c     |  46 ++++++----
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun8i-v3s.c     |  29 ++++---
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-sun9i-a80-usb.c |  32 ++++---
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu-suniv-f1c100s.c |  29 ++++---
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu_common.c        |   2 +-
 drivers/clk/sunxi-ng/ccu_gate.h          |  53 ++++++++++++
 include/linux/clk-provider.h             |  84 ++++++++++++++++++
 18 files changed, 487 insertions(+), 223 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel