Subject: Re: implement generic dma_map_ops for IOMMUs v5

From: Joerg Roedel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 17:37:51 +0200

Hi Christoph, Hi Robin,

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 09:29:24AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I think we are finally ready for the generic dma-iommu series.  I have
> various DMA API changes pending, and Tom has patches ready to convert
> the AMD and Intel iommu drivers over to it.  I'd love to have this
> in a stable branch shared between the dma-mapping and iommu trees
> the day after rc2 is released.  I volunteer to create the branch,
> but I'm fine with it living in the iommu tree as well.  Before that
> Will has already said he wants to send the first patch in the series
> to Linus for this merge window.

First a big "THANK YOU" for working on this and getting it ready. It is
an important step towards generic dma-ops for all iommu drivers,
something I wished to have for years and planned to work on myself, but
didn't find the time.

I applied this series to a new generic-dma-ops branch in the iommu
tree and plan to send it upstream in the next merge window.

Thanks again,

       Joerg

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel