Subject: [RFC PATCH 00/30] Add PCIe support to TI's J721E SoC

From: Kishon Vijay Abraham I <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 18:44:46 +0530

TI's J721E SoC uses Cadence PCIe core to implement both RC mode
and EP mode.

The high level features are:
  *) Supports Legacy, MSI and MSI-X interrupt
  *) Supports upto GEN4 speed mode
  *) Supports SR-IOV
  *) Supports multipe physical function
  *) Ability to route all transactions via SMMU

This patch series
  *) Modify Cadence driver to be used for TI's J721E SoC
  *) Add a driver for J721E PCIe wrapper
  *) Add SR-IOV support to PCI endpoint core and enable it in Cadence
     driver
  *) Other cleanups in endpoint core and pci_endpoint_test.c

I can split the series into sepearate series if that is preferred.

Initial support for J721E SoC is sent here [1].

[1] -> https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/5/22/593

Kishon Vijay Abraham I (30):
  dt-bindings: PCI: cadence: Add DT binding to use PCIe with IOMMU
  dt-bindings: PCI: cadence: Add binding to reset PERST#
  dt-bindings: PCI: cadence: Update host DT bindings with TI specific
    compatible
  dt-bindings: PCI: cadence: Update EP DT bindings with TI specific
    compatible
  linux/kernel.h: Add PTR_ALIGN_DOWN macro
  PCI: cadence: Add support to use custom read and write  accessors
  PCI: cadence: Add read and write accessors to perform only 32-bit
    accesses
  PCI: cadence: Add support to use PCIe in J721E SoC
  PCI: cadence: Add platform_data to start link and check link status
  PCI: cadence: Use *_start_link() and *_wait_for_link() to establish
    link
  PCI: cadence: Add support to drive PERST# line using GPIO
  PCI: cadence: Make "mem" an optional memory resource
  PCI: cadence: Use local management register to configure Vendor ID
  PCI: endpoint: Use notification chain mechanism to notify EPC events
    to EPF
  PCI: endpoint: Replace spinlock with mutex
  PCI: endpoint: Assign function number of each PF in EPC  core
  PCI: endpoint: Protect concurrent access to pci_epf_ops with mutex
  PCI: endpoint: Add support to add virtual function in  endpoint core
  PCI: endpoint: Add support to link a physical function to a virtual
    function
  PCI: endpoint: Add virtual function number in pci_epc  ops
  PCI: cadence: Add support to configure virtual functions
  PCI: cadence: Configure pci_epc_features to align BAR addresses to 256
    Bytes
  of/platform: Export of_platform_device_create_pdata()
  dt-bindings: PCI: J721E: Add DT bindings for PCIe controller in J721E
  PCI: j721e: Add TI J721E PCIe driver
  MAINTAINERS: Add MAINTAINER entry for PCIe on TI's J721E SoC
  misc: pci_endpoint_test: Add J721E in pci_device_id  table
  misc: pci_endpoint_test: Avoid using module parameter to determine
    irqtype
  misc: pci_endpoint_test: Populate sriov_configure ops to configure
    SRIOV device
  misc: pci_endpoint_test: Enable legacy interrupt

 .../bindings/pci/cdns,cdns-pcie-ep.txt        |   1 +
 .../bindings/pci/cdns,cdns-pcie-host.txt      |   3 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/pci/ti,j721e-pci.txt  |  63 +++
 MAINTAINERS                                   |   3 +-
 drivers/misc/pci_endpoint_test.c              |  22 +-
 drivers/of/platform.c                         |   9 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/Kconfig                |   9 +
 drivers/pci/controller/Makefile               |   1 +
 .../pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware-ep.c   |  35 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-j721e.c            | 431 ++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-cadence-ep.c      | 181 ++++++--
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-cadence-host.c    | 119 ++++-
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-cadence.c         |  87 +++-
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-cadence.h         | 125 ++++-
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-rockchip-ep.c     |  18 +-
 drivers/pci/endpoint/functions/pci-epf-test.c |  77 ++--
 drivers/pci/endpoint/pci-ep-cfs.c             |  51 ++-
 drivers/pci/endpoint/pci-epc-core.c           | 179 ++++----
 drivers/pci/endpoint/pci-epf-core.c           | 125 ++++-
 include/dt-bindings/pci/pci.h                 |  12 +
 include/linux/kernel.h                        |   1 +
 include/linux/of_platform.h                   |   3 +
 include/linux/pci-epc.h                       |  64 ++-
 include/linux/pci-epf.h                       |  27 +-
 24 files changed, 1365 insertions(+), 281 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/ti,j721e-pci.txt
 create mode 100644 drivers/pci/controller/pci-j721e.c
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/pci/pci.h

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel