Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Add support for Graviton TRNG

From: Ali Saidi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 20:30:57 +0000

AWS Graviton based systems provide an Arm SMC call in the vendor defined
hypervisor region to read random numbers from a HW TRNG and return them to the
guest. 

We've observed slower guest boot and especially reboot times due to lack of
entropy and providing access to a TRNG is meant to address this. 

Ali Saidi (3):
  arm/arm64: Add smccc hypervisor service identifiers
  arm64: export acpi_psci_use_hvc
  hwrng: Add support for AWS Graviton TRNG

 MAINTAINERS                           |   6 ++
 arch/arm64/kernel/acpi.c              |   1 +
 drivers/char/hw_random/Kconfig        |  13 ++++
 drivers/char/hw_random/Makefile       |   1 +
 drivers/char/hw_random/graviton-rng.c | 123 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/arm-smccc.h             |   2 +
 6 files changed, 146 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 drivers/char/hw_random/graviton-rng.c

-- 
2.15.3.AMZN

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel