Subject: Re: [PATCH 02/25] clk: Add CLK_HW_INIT_* macros using .parent_hws

From: Stephen Boyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 11:17:24 -0700

Quoting Chen-Yu Tsai (2019-05-20 01:03:58)
> A special CLK_HW_INIT_HWS macro is included, which takes an array of
> struct clk_hw *, but sets .num_parents to 1. This variant is to allow
> the reuse of the array, instead of having a compound literal allocated
> for each clk sharing the same parent.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Chen-Yu Tsai <[email-masked]>
[...]
> diff --git a/include/linux/clk-provider.h b/include/linux/clk-provider.h
> index bb6118f79784..0c241b43a802 100644
> --- a/include/linux/clk-provider.h
> +++ b/include/linux/clk-provider.h
> @@ -904,6 +904,24 @@ extern struct of_device_id __clk_of_table;
>                 .ops            = _ops,                         \
>         })
>  
> +#define CLK_HW_INIT_HW(_name, _parent, _ops, _flags)                   \
> +       (&(struct clk_init_data) {                                      \
> +               .flags          = _flags,                               \
> +               .name           = _name,                                \
> +               .parent_hws     = (const struct clk_hw*[]) { _parent }, \
> +               .num_parents    = 1,                                    \
> +               .ops            = _ops,                                 \
> +       })
> +
> +#define CLK_HW_INIT_HWS(_name, _parent, _ops, _flags)                  \

Minor nitpick, please add a comment here to indicate that this is here
to share the same compound literal between multiple clks using the same
parent.

> +       (&(struct clk_init_data) {                                      \
> +               .flags          = _flags,                               \
> +               .name           = _name,                                \
> +               .parent_hws     = _parent,                              \
> +               .num_parents    = 1,                                    \
> +               .ops            = _ops,                                 \
> +       })

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel