Subject: [PATCH 9/9] staging: vc04_services: Remove function block_resume()

From: Nishka Dasgupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 23:47:09 +0530

Remove function block_resume as it was only called by
vchiq_arm_force_suspend, which was removed in a previous patch.
Issue found with Coccinelle.

Signed-off-by: Nishka Dasgupta <[email-masked]>
---
 .../interface/vchiq_arm/vchiq_arm.c           | 66 -------------------
 1 file changed, 66 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/staging/vc04_services/interface/vchiq_arm/vchiq_arm.c b/drivers/staging/vc04_services/interface/vchiq_arm/vchiq_arm.c
index ebf7e2a3bd3b..cc4383d1ec3e 100644
--- a/drivers/staging/vc04_services/interface/vchiq_arm/vchiq_arm.c
+++ b/drivers/staging/vc04_services/interface/vchiq_arm/vchiq_arm.c
@@ -2554,72 +2554,6 @@ need_resume(struct vchiq_state *state)
 			vchiq_videocore_wanted(state);
 }
 
-static int
-block_resume(struct vchiq_arm_state *arm_state)
-{
-	int status = VCHIQ_SUCCESS;
-	const unsigned long timeout_val =
-				msecs_to_jiffies(FORCE_SUSPEND_TIMEOUT_MS);
-	int resume_count = 0;
-
-	/* Allow any threads which were blocked by the last force suspend to
-	 * complete if they haven't already.  Only give this one shot; if
-	 * blocked_count is incremented after blocked_blocker is completed
-	 * (which only happens when blocked_count hits 0) then those threads
-	 * will have to wait until next time around */
-	if (arm_state->blocked_count) {
-		reinit_completion(&arm_state->blocked_blocker);
-		write_unlock_bh(&arm_state->susp_res_lock);
-		vchiq_log_info(vchiq_susp_log_level, "%s wait for previously "
-			"blocked clients", __func__);
-		if (wait_for_completion_interruptible_timeout(
-				&arm_state->blocked_blocker, timeout_val)
-					<= 0) {
-			vchiq_log_error(vchiq_susp_log_level, "%s wait for "
-				"previously blocked clients failed", __func__);
-			status = VCHIQ_ERROR;
-			write_lock_bh(&arm_state->susp_res_lock);
-			goto out;
-		}
-		vchiq_log_info(vchiq_susp_log_level, "%s previously blocked "
-			"clients resumed", __func__);
-		write_lock_bh(&arm_state->susp_res_lock);
-	}
-
-	/* We need to wait for resume to complete if it's in process */
-	while (arm_state->vc_resume_state != VC_RESUME_RESUMED &&
-			arm_state->vc_resume_state > VC_RESUME_IDLE) {
-		if (resume_count > 1) {
-			status = VCHIQ_ERROR;
-			vchiq_log_error(vchiq_susp_log_level, "%s waited too "
-				"many times for resume", __func__);
-			goto out;
-		}
-		write_unlock_bh(&arm_state->susp_res_lock);
-		vchiq_log_info(vchiq_susp_log_level, "%s wait for resume",
-			__func__);
-		if (wait_for_completion_interruptible_timeout(
-				&arm_state->vc_resume_complete, timeout_val)
-					<= 0) {
-			vchiq_log_error(vchiq_susp_log_level, "%s wait for "
-				"resume failed (%s)", __func__,
-				resume_state_names[arm_state->vc_resume_state +
-							VC_RESUME_NUM_OFFSET]);
-			status = VCHIQ_ERROR;
-			write_lock_bh(&arm_state->susp_res_lock);
-			goto out;
-		}
-		vchiq_log_info(vchiq_susp_log_level, "%s resumed", __func__);
-		write_lock_bh(&arm_state->susp_res_lock);
-		resume_count++;
-	}
-	reinit_completion(&arm_state->resume_blocker);
-	arm_state->resume_blocked = 1;
-
-out:
-	return status;
-}
-
 static inline void
 unblock_resume(struct vchiq_arm_state *arm_state)
 {
-- 
2.19.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel