Subject: Re: [PATCH] driver core: platform: Allow using a dedicated dma_mask for platform_device

From: Maxime Chevallier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 13:24:39 +0200

Hi Christoph,

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 08:59:46 -0700
Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]> wrote:

>I'd much rather bite the bullet and make dev->dma_mask a scalar
>instead of a pointer.  The pointer causes way to much boiler plate code,
>and the semantics are way to subtile.

I agree that this the real solution, it just seemed a bit overwhelming
to me. I'll be happy to help with this though, now that you took a big
first step.

> Below is a POV patch that
>compiles and boots with my usual x86 test config, and at least compiles
>with the arm and pmac32 defconfigs.  It probably breaks just about
>everything else, but should give us an idea what is involve in the
>switch:

I'll test that on my boards too.

Thanks,

Maxime

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel