Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] Consolidate and improve NVIDIA Tegra CPUIDLE driver(s)

From: Dmitry Osipenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 06:13:06 +0300

Hello,

I was spending quite some time recently trying to hunt down CPU-suspend
bug on Tegra30 SoC and in the end it was nailed. During that time I
realized that the CPU Idle drivers could get some polish and gain new
features, thus that's what this series does:

  1. Unifies Tegra20/30/114 drivers into a single driver and moves it out
     into common drivers/cpuidle/ directory.

  2. Enables CPU cluster power-down idling state on Tegra30.

In the end there is a quite nice clean up of the Tegra CPUIDLE driver(s)
and of the Tegra's arch code in general. Please review, thanks!

Changelog:

v2: - Added patches to enable the new cpuidle driver in the defconfigs:

        ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: Enable Tegra cpuidle driver
        ARM: tegra: Enable Tegra cpuidle driver in tegra_defconfig

    - Dropped patches that removed CPUIDLE_FLAG_TIMER_STOP from the idling
      states because that flag actually doesn't have any negative effects,
      but still is correct for the case of a local CPU timer on older Tegra
      SoCs:

        cpuidle: tegra: Remove CPUIDLE_FLAG_TIMER_STOP from Tegra114/124 idle-state
        cpuidle: tegra: Remove CPUIDLE_FLAG_TIMER_STOP from all states

    - The "Add unified driver for NVIDIA Tegra SoCs" patch got more polish.
      Tegra30 and Terga114 states are now squashed into a single common C7
      state (following Parker TRM terminology, see 17.2.2.2 Power Management
      States), more comments added, etc minor changes.

Dmitry Osipenko (6):
  ARM: tegra: Remove cpuidle drivers
  ARM: tegra: Expose functions required for cpuidle driver
  cpuidle: Add unified driver for NVIDIA Tegra SoCs
  cpuidle: tegra: Support CPU cluster power-down on Tegra30
  ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: Enable Tegra cpuidle driver
  ARM: tegra: Enable Tegra cpuidle driver in tegra_defconfig

 arch/arm/configs/multi_v7_defconfig    |   1 +
 arch/arm/configs/tegra_defconfig       |   1 +
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/Makefile           |  15 +-
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle-tegra114.c |  89 --------
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle-tegra20.c  | 212 -----------------
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle-tegra30.c  | 132 -----------
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle.c          |  50 ----
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle.h          |  21 --
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/irq.c              |  18 --
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/irq.h              |  11 -
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/platsmp.c          |   2 -
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/pm.c               |  27 +--
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/pm.h               |   4 -
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/reset-handler.S    |  11 -
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/reset.h            |   9 +-
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/sleep-tegra20.S    | 190 +---------------
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/sleep.h            |  13 --
 arch/arm/mach-tegra/tegra.c            |   7 +-
 drivers/cpuidle/Kconfig.arm            |   8 +
 drivers/cpuidle/Makefile               |   1 +
 drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-tegra.c        | 303 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/soc/tegra/Kconfig              |   1 -
 include/linux/clk/tegra.h              |  13 ++
 include/soc/tegra/cpuidle.h            |   2 +-
 include/soc/tegra/pm.h                 |  28 +++
 25 files changed, 375 insertions(+), 794 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle-tegra114.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle-tegra20.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle-tegra30.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-tegra/cpuidle.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-tegra/irq.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-tegra.c

-- 
2.22.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel