Subject: [PATCH 0/9] irqchip/gic-v3: Add support for GICv3.1 extended PPI/SPI ranges

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 11:44:28 +0100

Apparently, having ~1000 wired interrupts is not enough, and some
people need more. Fear not! The GIC Achitecture Department hereby
grants you another 1024 SPIs, together with 64 PPIs, provided that you
implement GICv3.1 (see [1] for the details)

This series implements the required support, which requires a bit of
infrastructure rework in order to make the thing less horrible...

This has been tested on a FastModel.

[1] https://developer.arm.com/docs/ihi0069/latest (version E)

Marc Zyngier (9):
  irqchip/gic: Rework gic_configure_irq to take the full ICFGR base
  irqchip/gic-v3: Add INTID range and convertion primitives
  dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: arm,gic-v3: Describe ESPI range
    support
  irqchip/gic-v3: Add ESPI range support
  irqchip/gic: Prepare for more than 16 PPIs
  irqchip/gic-v3: Dynamically allocate PPI NMI refcounts
  irqchip/gic-v3: Dynamically allocate PPI partition descriptors
  dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: arm,gic-v3: Describe EPPI range
    support
  irqchip/gic-v3: Add EPPI range support

 .../interrupt-controller/arm,gic-v3.yaml      |   6 +-
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-common.c              |  33 +-
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-common.h              |   2 +-
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-v3.c                  | 323 ++++++++++++++----
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic.c                     |  12 +-
 drivers/irqchip/irq-hip04.c                   |   9 +-
 include/linux/irqchip/arm-gic-v3.h            |  29 +-
 7 files changed, 319 insertions(+), 95 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel