Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/14] ARM: move lpc32xx and dove to multiplatform

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 23:53:04 +0100

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 09:56:42PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> For dove, the patches are basically what I had proposed back in
> 2015 when all other ARMv6/ARMv7 machines became part of a single
> kernel build. I don't know what the state is mach-dove support is,
> compared to the DT based support in mach-mvebu for the same
> hardware. If they are functionally the same, we could also just
> remove mach-dove rather than applying my patches.

Well, the good news is that I'm down to a small board support file
for the Dove Cubox now - but the bad news is, that there's still a
board support file necessary to support everything the Dove SoC has
to offer.

Even for a DT based Dove Cubox, I'm still using mach-dove, but it
may be possible to drop most of mach-dove now.  Without spending a
lot of time digging through it, it's impossible to really know.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 12.1Mbps down 622kbps up
According to speedtest.net: 11.9Mbps down 500kbps up

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel