Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 3/4] net: ftgmac100: Add support for DT phy-handle property

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2019 05:55:49 +0200

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 03:09:58PM +0930, Andrew Jeffery wrote:
> phy-handle is necessary for the AST2600 which separates the MDIO
> controllers from the MAC.
> 
> I've tried to minimise the intrusion of supporting the AST2600 to the
> FTGMAC100 by leaving in place the existing MDIO support for the embedded
> MDIO interface. The AST2400 and AST2500 continue to be supported this
> way, as it avoids breaking/reworking existing devicetrees.
> 
> The AST2600 support by contrast requires the presence of the phy-handle
> property in the MAC devicetree node to specify the appropriate PHY to
> associate with the MAC. In the event that someone wants to specify the
> MDIO bus topology under the MAC node on an AST2400 or AST2500, the
> current auto-probe approach is done conditional on the absence of an
> "mdio" child node of the MAC.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Andrew Jeffery <[email-masked]>

Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>

    Andrew

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel