Subject: [PATCH 0/2] KVM: arm/arm64: Revamp sysreg reset checks

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 13:15:53 +0100

The way we deal with sysreg reset is terrible, as we write junk to
them while other parts of the system may be evaluating these. That's
obviously wrong. Instead, let's switch to a mode where we track which
sysregs have had a reset function applied to them.

The result is less bad, but my gut feeling is that we'd be better of
without any of this. Comments welcome.

Marc Zyngier (2):
  KVM: arm64: Don't write junk to sysregs on reset
  KVM: arm: Don't write junk to CP15 registers on reset

 arch/arm/kvm/coproc.c     | 23 +++++++++++++++--------
 arch/arm64/kvm/sys_regs.c | 32 ++++++++++++++++++--------------
 2 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel