Subject: [PATCH v2 00/12] irqchip/gic-v3: Add support for GICv3.1 extended PPI/SPI ranges

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 11:01:09 +0100

Apparently, having ~1000 wired interrupts is not enough, and some
people need more. Fear not! The GIC Achitecture Department hereby
grants you another 1024 SPIs, together with 64 PPIs, provided that you
implement GICv3.1 (see [1] for the details)

This series implements the required support, which requires a bit of
infrastructure rework in order to make the thing less horrible...

This has been tested on a FastModel. If there is no additional issue being
reported, I plan to put this into -next toward the end of this week and
let it simmer there for a bit.

[1] https://developer.arm.com/docs/ihi0069/latest (version E)

* From v1:
  - Tighten ESPI range matching
  - Added a warning to detect inconsistent distributor/cpu interface
    configurations
  - Added quirks to handle HIP06/07 erratum 161010803 which unexpectedly
    advertise ESPI support

Marc Zyngier (12):
  irqchip/gic: Rework gic_configure_irq to take the full ICFGR base
  irqchip/gic-v3: Add INTID range and convertion primitives
  dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: arm,gic-v3: Describe ESPI range
    support
  irqchip/gic-v3: Add ESPI range support
  irqchip/gic: Prepare for more than 16 PPIs
  irqchip/gic-v3: Dynamically allocate PPI NMI refcounts
  irqchip/gic-v3: Dynamically allocate PPI partition descriptors
  dt-bindings: interrupt-controller: arm,gic-v3: Describe EPPI range
    support
  irqchip/gic-v3: Add EPPI range support
  irqchip/gic-v3: Warn about inconsistent implementations of extended
    ranges
  irqchip/gic: Skip DT quirks when evaluating IIDR-based quirks
  irqchip/gic-v3: Add quirks for HIP06/07 invalid GICD_TYPER erratum
    161010803

 Documentation/arm64/silicon-errata.rst        |   2 +
 .../interrupt-controller/arm,gic-v3.yaml      |   6 +-
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-common.c              |  35 +-
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-common.h              |   2 +-
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-v3.c                  | 380 ++++++++++++++----
 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic.c                     |  12 +-
 drivers/irqchip/irq-hip04.c                   |   9 +-
 include/linux/irqchip/arm-gic-v3.h            |  30 +-
 8 files changed, 372 insertions(+), 104 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel