Subject: [PATCH V5 09/12] arm64: mm: Modify calculation of VMEMMAP_SIZE

From: Steve Capper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 16:55:21 +0100

In a later patch we will need to have a slightly larger VMEMMAP region
to accommodate boot time selection between 48/52-bit kernel VAs.

This patch modifies the formula for computing VMEMMAP_SIZE to depend
explicitly on the PAGE_OFFSET and start of kernel addressable memory.
(This allows for a slightly larger direct linear map in future).

Signed-off-by: Steve Capper <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/arm64/include/asm/memory.h | 9 ++++++++-
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/arch/arm64/include/asm/memory.h b/arch/arm64/include/asm/memory.h
index 91ba2cef095a..2d5c57d13572 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/include/asm/memory.h
+++ b/arch/arm64/include/asm/memory.h
@@ -26,8 +26,15 @@
 /*
  * VMEMMAP_SIZE - allows the whole linear region to be covered by
  *                a struct page array
+ *
+ * If we are configured with a 52-bit kernel VA then our VMEMMAP_SIZE
+ * neads to cover the memory region from the beginning of the 52-bit
+ * PAGE_OFFSET all the way to VA_START for 48-bit. This allows us to
+ * keep a constant PAGE_OFFSET and "fallback" to using the higher end
+ * of the VMEMMAP where 52-bit support is not available in hardware.
  */
-#define VMEMMAP_SIZE (UL(1) << (VA_BITS - PAGE_SHIFT - 1 + STRUCT_PAGE_MAX_SHIFT))
+#define VMEMMAP_SIZE ((_VA_START(VA_BITS_MIN) - PAGE_OFFSET) \
+			>> (PAGE_SHIFT - STRUCT_PAGE_MAX_SHIFT))
 
 /*
  * PAGE_OFFSET - the virtual address of the start of the linear map (top
-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel