Subject: Re: Detecting AArch32 support from a AArch64 process in user space

From: Dave Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 12:31:08 +0100

On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 12:17:26PM +0200, Stefan Agner wrote:
> On 2019-08-08 11:04, Marc Zyngier wrote:

[...]

> > Hey, you could create a VM, a vcpu and dump the ID registers by issuing
> > a set of KVM_GET_ONE_REG ioctls. Not necessarily recommended... ;-)
> 
> I see, no no, I think I leave that exercise for somebody else to try :)

I think KVM guest AArch32 support can exist even when compat is
configured out though.  So just because it works in a guest doesn't mean
that the host kernel supports it for userspace, IIUC.

Otherwise, this would be a fun hack ;)

Cheers
---Dave

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel