Subject: [PATCH 0/6] drm+dma: cache support for arm, etc

From: Rob Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 14:59:55 -0700

From: Rob Clark <[email-masked]>

This is a replacement for a previous patches[1] that was adding arm64
support for drm_clflush.  I've also added a patch to solve a similar
cache issue in vgem.

The first few patches just export arch_sync_dma_for_*().  Possibly
instead the EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL() should be somewere central, rather
than per-arch (but where would make sense?)

The fourth adds (and exports) these ops for arch/arm.  (Arnd Bergmann
mentioned on IRC that Christoph Hellwig was working on this already
for arch/arm which could replace the fourth patch.)

The last two patches actually fix things.

[1] https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/64732/

Rob Clark (6):
  arm64: export arch_sync_dma_for_*()
  mips: export arch_sync_dma_for_*()
  powerpc: export arch_sync_dma_for_*()
  arm: add arch_sync_dma_for_*()
  drm/msm: stop abusing DMA API
  drm/vgem: fix cache synchronization on arm/arm64 (take two)

 arch/arm/Kconfig                  |   2 +
 arch/arm/mm/dma-mapping-nommu.c   |  14 +++
 arch/arm/mm/dma-mapping.c         |  28 ++++++
 arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.c       |   2 +
 arch/arm64/mm/flush.c             |   2 +
 arch/mips/mm/dma-noncoherent.c    |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/dma-noncoherent.c |   2 +
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_cache.c       |  20 ++++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gem.c     |  37 +++-----
 drivers/gpu/drm/vgem/vgem_drv.c   | 145 ++++++++++++++++++++----------
 include/drm/drm_cache.h           |   4 +
 11 files changed, 182 insertions(+), 76 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel