Subject: Re: wifi on Motorola Droid 4 in 5.3-rc2

From: Pavel Machek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 13:43:32 +0200

On Sun 2019-08-18 12:53:01, Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi wrote:
> Hi
> 
> On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 12:46 PM Pavel Machek <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > First, I guess I should mention that this is first time I'm attempting
> > to get wifi going on D4.
> >
> > I'm getting this:
> >
> > user@devuan:~/g/ofono$ sudo ifconfig wlan0 down
> > user@devuan:~/g/ofono$ sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
> > user@devuan:~/g/ofono$ sudo iwlist wlan0 scan
> > wlan0     Interface doesn't support scanning.
> >
> 
> Try to use iw command. iwlist use an obsolete interface that you need
> to activate in kernel for back compatibility with old command. Can be
> your problem?

Let me see ... CONFIG_CFG80211_WEXT was not set.

Tried enabling it, and now I got. I remember getting it before,
too... let me try few more boots, perhaps it is random.

Best regards,
								Pavel

[   13.653778] panel-dsi-cm 58004000.encoder:display: using lookup
tables for GPIO lookup
[   13.661834] panel-dsi-cm 58004000.encoder:display: No GPIO consumer
te found
[   14.756622] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[   14.761352] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 20 at
/data/fast/l/k/drivers/net/wireless/ti/wlcore/sdio.c:86
wl12xx_sdio_raw_read+0xa8/0x128
[   14.772888] Modules linked in:
[   14.776062] CPU: 0 PID: 20 Comm: kworker/0:1 Tainted: G        W
5.3.0-rc4-58571-gdbaece1 #85
[   14.783630] Hardware name: Generic OMAP4 (Flattened Device Tree)
[   14.791381] Workqueue: events request_firmware_work_func
[   14.796813] [<c010f2b4>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010b528>]
(show_stack+0x10/0x14)
[   14.804595] [<c010b528>] (show_stack) from [<c08c1d68>]
(dump_stack+0xa8/0xc8)
[   14.811950] [<c08c1d68>] (dump_stack) from [<c012df4c>]
(__warn+0xe8/0x114)
[   14.816894] [<c012df4c>] (__warn) from [<c012dfb4>]
(warn_slowpath_null+0x3c/0x48)
[   14.826629] [<c012dfb4>] (warn_slowpath_null) from [<c0566674>]
(wl12xx_sdio_raw_read+0xa8/0x128)
[   14.835540] [<c0566674>] (wl12xx_sdio_raw_read) from [<c0567704>]
(wl12xx_get_mac+0x134/0x260)
[   14.844268] [<c0567704>] (wl12xx_get_mac) from [<c05530cc>]
(wlcore_nvs_cb+0x270/0xb64)
[   14.852355] [<c05530cc>] (wlcore_nvs_cb) from [<c04d7264>]
(request_firmware_work_func+0x3c/0x64)
[   14.861267] [<c04d7264>] (request_firmware_work_func) from
[<c01455c0>] (process_one_work+0x140/0x348)
[   14.870697] [<c01455c0>] (process_one_work) from [<c0145964>]
(worker_thread+0x164/0x4b0)
[   14.878906] [<c0145964>] (worker_thread) from [<c014a788>]
(kthread+0x110/0x148)
[   14.883636] [<c014a788>] (kthread) from [<c01010e8>]
(ret_from_fork+0x14/0x2c)
[   14.893615] Exception stack(0xeda0bfb0 to 0xeda0bff8)
[   14.893615] bfa0:                                     00000000
00000000 00000000 00000000
[   14.903625] bfc0: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
00000000 00000000 00000000
[   14.913635] bfe0: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000013
00000000
[   14.922058] ---[ end trace b611e5d6e7d5aa92 ]---
[   14.926788] wl1271_sdio mmc4:0001:2: sdio read failed (-110)
[   14.932525] wlcore: ERROR couldn't get hw info

-- 
(english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
(cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel