Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] arm64: KPROBES_ON_FTRACE

From: Jisheng Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 03:50:42 +0000

KPROBES_ON_FTRACE avoids much of the overhead with regular kprobes as it
eliminates the need for a trap, as well as the need to emulate or
single-step instructions.

Applied after arm64 FTRACE_WITH_REGS:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2019-August/674404.html

Changes since v1:
  - make the kprobes/x86: use instruction_pointer and instruction_pointer_set
    as patch1
  - add Masami's ACK to patch1
  - add some description about KPROBES_ON_FTRACE and why we need it on
    arm64
  - correct the log before the patch
  - remove the consolidation patch, make it as TODO
  - only adjust kprobe's addr when KPROBE_FLAG_FTRACE is set
  - if KPROBES_ON_FTRACE, ftrace_call_adjust() the kprobe's addr before
    calling ftrace_location()
  - update the kprobes-on-ftrace/arch-support.txt in doc

Jisheng Zhang (3):
  kprobes/x86: use instruction_pointer and instruction_pointer_set
  kprobes: adjust kprobe addr for KPROBES_ON_FTRACE
  arm64: implement KPROBES_ON_FTRACE

 .../debug/kprobes-on-ftrace/arch-support.txt  |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/Kconfig                            |  1 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/probes/Makefile             |  1 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/probes/ftrace.c             | 60 +++++++++++++++++++
 arch/x86/kernel/kprobes/ftrace.c              |  9 +--
 kernel/kprobes.c                              | 10 +++-
 6 files changed, 75 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/kernel/probes/ftrace.c

-- 
2.23.0.rc1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel