Subject: Re: [PATCH 20/21] ASoC: sun4i-i2s: Add support for TDM slots

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 13:08:07 +0100

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 02:05:51PM +0200, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 08:46:30AM +0300, Sergey Suloev wrote:

Please delete unneeded context from mails when replying.  Doing this
makes it much easier to find your reply in the message, helping ensure
it won't be missed by people scrolling through the irrelevant quoted
material.

> > >   	.set_sysclk	= sun4i_i2s_set_sysclk,
> > > +	.set_tdm_slot	= sun4i_i2s_set_tdm_slot,
> > >   	.trigger	= sun4i_i2s_trigger,
> > >   };

> > it seems like you forgot to implement sun4i_i2s_dai_ops.set_bclk_ratio
> > because, as I far as I understand, it should alter tdm slots functionality
> > indirectly.

> As far as I can see, while this indeed changes a few things on the TDM
> setup, it's optional, orthogonal and it has a single user in the tree
> (some intel platform card).

> So I'd say that if someone ever needs it, we can have it, but it's not
> a blocker.

Yes, that's a compltely orthogonal callback.
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel