Subject: [PATCH v2 0/5] arm64: meson: add support for SM1 Power Domains

From: Neil Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 11:04:13 +0200

This patchset introduces a new "Everything-Else Power Domain Controller"
designed to handle all the different non-Always On peripherals like :
- VPU
- Ethernet Memories
- USB, PCIe, Audio, NNA on SM1

The current "gx-vpu-pwrc" process has been integrated to support the VPU
and the other power domains in a single driver.

Support for SoC domains has been made generic and easily extendable.

In order to restart from clean architecture :
- the PWRC node has been moved into the HHI simple-mfd, this suits much
  better than beeing in the AO RTI simple-mfd
- a brand new yaml bindings schemas has been written
- reset-names has been added to clarify which resets are needed, so we can
  dispatch them to domains

For G12A, the PWRC now offers support for the ethmac memory power domain.

For SM1, it also offers support for PCIe, USB, NNA, ethmac and Audio power
domains.

The DOS domains has been excluded for now, but can be added very easily.

GX hasn't been integrated for now, but it would follow the same scheme
as G12A support.

Changes since v1 at [1]:
- removed open-coded reset & clock get, enable/assert, disable/deassert
- moved to clk_bulk and reset_array with count check with a warning
- removed remaining sm1_pwrc in probe
- reordered arguments for VPU_PD and TOP_PD
- added get_power for TOP_PD aswell
- ported special VPU handling from gx-vpu-pwrc
- added shutdown driver call to avoid errors on reboot
- fixed patch 4 commit log
- collected rob's review tag on patch 1

[1] https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11106393/

Neil Armstrong (5):
  dt-bindings: power: add Amlogic Everything-Else power domains bindings
  soc: amlogic: Add support for Everything-Else power domains controller
  arm64: meson-g12: add Everything-Else power domain controller
  arm64: dts: meson-sm1-sei610: add HDMI display support
  arm64: dts: meson-sm1-sei610: add USB support

 .../bindings/power/amlogic,meson-ee-pwrc.yaml |  93 ++++
 .../boot/dts/amlogic/meson-g12-common.dtsi    |  92 ++--
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-g12a.dtsi   |   9 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-g12b.dtsi   |   9 +
 .../boot/dts/amlogic/meson-sm1-sei610.dts     |  28 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-sm1.dtsi    |  15 +-
 drivers/soc/amlogic/Kconfig                   |  11 +
 drivers/soc/amlogic/Makefile                  |   1 +
 drivers/soc/amlogic/meson-ee-pwrc.c           | 492 ++++++++++++++++++
 include/dt-bindings/power/meson-g12a-power.h  |  13 +
 include/dt-bindings/power/meson-sm1-power.h   |  18 +
 11 files changed, 733 insertions(+), 48 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/amlogic,meson-ee-pwrc.yaml
 create mode 100644 drivers/soc/amlogic/meson-ee-pwrc.c
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/power/meson-g12a-power.h
 create mode 100644 include/dt-bindings/power/meson-sm1-power.h

-- 
2.22.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel