Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] kbuild: change *FLAGS_<basetarget>.o to take the path relative to $(obj)

From: kbuild test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 09:36:18 +0800

Hi Masahiro,

I love your patch! Yet something to improve:

[auto build test ERROR on linus/master]
[cannot apply to v5.3-rc6 next-20190826]
[if your patch is applied to the wrong git tree, please drop us a note to help improve the system]

url:    https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commits/Masahiro-Yamada/kbuild-change-FLAGS_-basetarget-o-to-take-the-path-relative-to-obj/20190827-071627
config: ia64-allnoconfig (attached as .config)
compiler: ia64-linux-gcc (GCC) 7.4.0
reproduce:
        wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/intel/lkp-tests/master/sbin/make.cross -O ~/bin/make.cross
        chmod +x ~/bin/make.cross
        # save the attached .config to linux build tree
        GCC_VERSION=7.4.0 make.cross ARCH=ia64 

If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
Reported-by: kbuild test robot <[email-masked]>

All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):

   arch/ia64/kernel/efi.o: In function `find_memmap_space':
   efi.c:(.text+0x2402): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   arch/ia64/kernel/time.o: In function `ia64_init_itm':
   time.c:(.text+0xa32): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   time.c:(.text+0xae2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   time.c:(.text+0xb62): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   time.c:(.text+0xd62): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   arch/ia64/kernel/time.o:time.c:(.text+0xe12): more undefined references to `__udivdi3' follow
   kernel/ptrace.o: In function `ptrace_request':
   ptrace.c:(.text+0x3262): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   kernel/sched/core.o: In function `to_ratio':
   core.c:(.text+0x2c32): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   kernel/sched/cputime.o: In function `cputime_adjust':
   cputime.c:(.text+0xd72): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   kernel/sched/fair.o: In function `__calc_delta':
   fair.c:(.text+0x362): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   kernel/time/timekeeping.o: In function `scale64_check_overflow':
   timekeeping.c:(.text+0x42): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   timekeeping.c:(.text+0x62): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   timekeeping.c:(.text+0x1b2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   kernel/time/timekeeping.o: In function `timekeeping_advance':
   timekeeping.c:(.text+0x1552): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   kernel/time/timekeeping.o: In function `tk_setup_internals.constprop.6':
   timekeeping.c:(.text+0x19b2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   kernel/time/timekeeping.o: In function `get_device_system_crosststamp':
   timekeeping.c:(.text+0x3f52): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   timekeeping.c:(.text+0x3f72): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   timekeeping.c:(.text+0x3f92): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   kernel/time/clocksource.o: In function `clocks_calc_mult_shift':
   clocksource.c:(.text+0x4b2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   kernel/time/clocksource.o: In function `clocks_calc_max_nsecs':
   clocksource.c:(.text+0xaa2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   kernel/time/clocksource.o: In function `__clocksource_update_freq_scale':
   clocksource.c:(.text+0xb72): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   kernel/time/clocksource.o:clocksource.c:(.text+0xb82): more undefined references to `__udivdi3' follow
   mm/percpu.o: In function `pcpu_setup_first_chunk':
>> percpu.c:(.init.text+0xa02): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
>> percpu.c:(.init.text+0xae2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0xb22): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0xc32): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0xc72): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0xd52): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0xd92): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0xe72): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0xeb2): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0xf92): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0xfd2): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x10b2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x1132): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x1242): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x12c2): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x1672): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x16e2): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x1812): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x1882): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x1a72): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x1ae2): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x1bc2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   percpu.c:(.init.text+0x1c32): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   mm/page_alloc.o: In function `setup_per_zone_lowmem_reserve':
   page_alloc.c:(.text+0x572): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   mm/page_alloc.o: In function `__setup_per_zone_wmarks':
   page_alloc.c:(.text+0xb42): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   mm/page_alloc.o: In function `pageset_set_high_and_batch':
   page_alloc.c:(.text+0x15e2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   mm/page_alloc.o: In function `find_zone_movable_pfns_for_nodes':
   page_alloc.c:(.init.text+0x9f2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   page_alloc.c:(.init.text+0xa72): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   mm/page_alloc.o:page_alloc.c:(.init.text+0x2d82): more undefined references to `__udivdi3' follow
   mm/dmapool.o: In function `dma_pool_create':
   dmapool.c:(.text+0x3e2): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   mm/mempolicy.o: In function `offset_il_node':
   mempolicy.c:(.text+0x412): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   mm/slub.o: In function `__kmem_cache_create':
   slub.c:(.text+0x6ff2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   slub.c:(.text+0x7042): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   slub.c:(.text+0x7302): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   slub.c:(.text+0x7392): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   slub.c:(.text+0x7732): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   slub.c:(.text+0x7752): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   slub.c:(.text+0x77b2): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   slub.c:(.text+0x77d2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   slub.c:(.text+0x7932): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   slub.c:(.text+0x7992): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   slub.c:(.text+0x7a52): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   slub.c:(.text+0x7ab2): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   mm/quicklist.o: In function `quicklist_trim':
   quicklist.c:(.text+0x142): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   fs/super.o: In function `super_cache_scan':
   super.c:(.text+0x1ca2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   super.c:(.text+0x1cc2): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   super.c:(.text+0x1cf2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   super.c:(.text+0x1d42): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   super.c:(.text+0x1dc2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   fs/inode.o: In function `timespec64_trunc':
   inode.c:(.text+0x5172): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   fs/inode.o: In function `current_time':
   inode.c:(.text+0x52b2): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   lib/bitmap.o: In function `bitmap_remap':
   bitmap.c:(.text+0x24c2): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   lib/bitmap.o: In function `bitmap_bitremap':
   bitmap.c:(.text+0x2682): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   lib/bitmap.o: In function `bitmap_fold':
   bitmap.c:(.text+0x2982): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   lib/kfifo.o: In function `kfifo_copy_from_user.isra.1':
   kfifo.c:(.text+0x232): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   kfifo.c:(.text+0x312): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   lib/kfifo.o: In function `kfifo_copy_to_user.isra.2':
   kfifo.c:(.text+0x582): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   lib/kfifo.o: In function `__kfifo_init':
   kfifo.c:(.text+0x1302): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   lib/kfifo.o: In function `__kfifo_from_user':
   kfifo.c:(.text+0x1672): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   lib/kfifo.o:kfifo.c:(.text+0x17a2): more undefined references to `__udivdi3' follow
   lib/string_helpers.o: In function `string_get_size':
   string_helpers.c:(.text+0x282): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   lib/hexdump.o: In function `hex_dump_to_buffer':
   hexdump.c:(.text+0x682): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   hexdump.c:(.text+0x6a2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   lib/kstrtox.o: In function `_parse_integer':
   kstrtox.c:(.text+0x2e2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   lib/math/lcm.o: In function `lcm':
   lcm.c:(.text+0x62): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   lib/math/lcm.o: In function `lcm_not_zero':
   lcm.c:(.text+0x122): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   lib/math/reciprocal_div.o: In function `reciprocal_value':
   reciprocal_div.c:(.text+0xd2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   lib/math/reciprocal_div.o:reciprocal_div.c:(.text+0x1e2): more undefined references to `__udivdi3' follow
   drivers/pci/pci.o: In function `pci_set_cacheline_size':
   pci.c:(.text+0xb7e2): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   drivers/pci/setup-bus.o: In function `pci_bus_distribute_available_resources':
   setup-bus.c:(.text+0x1ec2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   setup-bus.c:(.text+0x1f42): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   setup-bus.c:(.text+0x1fc2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   setup-bus.c:(.text+0x21a2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   setup-bus.c:(.text+0x2212): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   drivers/pci/setup-bus.o:setup-bus.c:(.text+0x2282): more undefined references to `__udivdi3' follow
   drivers/acpi/acpica/exfldio.o: In function `acpi_ex_insert_into_field':
   exfldio.c:(.text+0x812): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   drivers/acpi/acpica/exfldio.o: In function `acpi_ex_extract_from_field':
   exfldio.c:(.text+0x1222): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   exfldio.c:(.text+0x1332): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   exfldio.c:(.text+0x1362): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   drivers/acpi/acpica/tbutils.o: In function `acpi_tb_parse_root_table':
   tbutils.c:(.init.text+0x462): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   drivers/acpi/acpica/utmath.o: In function `acpi_ut_short_divide':
   utmath.c:(.text+0x152): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   utmath.c:(.text+0x192): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   drivers/acpi/acpica/utmath.o: In function `acpi_ut_divide':
   utmath.c:(.text+0x262): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   utmath.c:(.text+0x2a2): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   drivers/tty/tty_port.o: In function `tty_port_close_start.part.1':
   tty_port.c:(.text+0x5a2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   drivers/char/random.o: In function `add_device_randomness':
   random.c:(.text+0x39d2): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   drivers/char/random.o: In function `randomize_page':
   random.c:(.text+0x4f82): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   drivers/base/swnode.o: In function `software_node_read_int_array':
   swnode.c:(.text+0x12f2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   drivers/firmware/efi/memmap.o: In function `__efi_memmap_init':
>> memmap.c:(.init.text+0x112): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   arch/ia64/hp/common/sba_iommu.o: In function `sba_init':
   sba_iommu.c:(.init.text+0x982): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   arch/ia64/sn/kernel/bte.o: In function `bte_copy':
   bte.c:(.text+0x3b2): undefined reference to `__moddi3'
   arch/ia64/sn/pci/tioca_provider.o: In function `tioca_bus_fixup':
   tioca_provider.c:(.text+0x662): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   tioca_provider.c:(.text+0x772): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   tioca_provider.c:(.text+0xab2): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
   arch/ia64/sn/pci/tioca_provider.o: In function `tioca_dma_map':
   tioca_provider.c:(.text+0x1392): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   lib/nodemask.o: In function `node_random':
   nodemask.c:(.text+0x102): undefined reference to `__umoddi3'
   lib/vsprintf.o: In function `vsscanf':
   vsprintf.c:(.text+0xac62): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'

---
0-DAY kernel test infrastructure                Open Source Technology Center
https://lists.01.org/pipermail/kbuild-all                   Intel Corporation
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel