Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Try to make SMP booting slightly less fragile

From: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 16:18:12 +0100

Hi everyone,

After spending some time investigating SMP boot issues when using
(random?) configs from Qian Cai with lots of debug options enabled, I
hacked together these two patches which make SMP booting a little more
robust.

The whole thing is still a racy mess, but I'm not sure we can do much
about that without reworking it to use per-cpu data structures which
we can update atomically.

Will

--->8

Will Deacon (3):
  arm64: smp: Increase secondary CPU boot timeout value
  arm64: smp: Don't enter kernel with NULL stack pointer or task struct
  arm64: smp: Treat unknown boot failures as being 'stuck in kernel'

 arch/arm64/kernel/head.S | 8 ++++++++
 arch/arm64/kernel/smp.c  | 4 +++-
 2 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.11.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel