Subject: Applied "ASoC: sun4i: Revert A83t description" to the asoc tree

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 20:58:10 +0100 (BST)

The patch

   ASoC: sun4i: Revert A83t description

has been applied to the asoc tree at

   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git for-5.4

All being well this means that it will be integrated into the linux-next
tree (usually sometime in the next 24 hours) and sent to Linus during
the next merge window (or sooner if it is a bug fix), however if
problems are discovered then the patch may be dropped or reverted.  

You may get further e-mails resulting from automated or manual testing
and review of the tree, please engage with people reporting problems and
send followup patches addressing any issues that are reported if needed.

If any updates are required or you are submitting further changes they
should be sent as incremental updates against current git, existing
patches will not be replaced.

Please add any relevant lists and maintainers to the CCs when replying
to this mail.

Thanks,
Mark

>From 9ec05d4723bf83dd272cef5ccf508e5fe4d30fa3 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Maxime Ripard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 14:31:31 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] ASoC: sun4i: Revert A83t description

The last set of reworks included some fixes to change the A83t behaviour
and "fix" it.

It turns out that the controller described in the datasheet and the one
supported here are not the same, yet the A83t has the two of them, and the
one supported in the driver wasn't the one described in the datasheet.

Fix this by reintroducing the proper quirks.

Fixes: 69e450e50ca6 ("ASoC: sun4i-i2s: Fix the LRCK period on A83t")
Fixes: bf943d527987 ("ASoC: sun4i-i2s: Fix MCLK Enable bit offset on A83t")
Fixes: 2e04fc4dbf50 ("ASoC: sun4i-i2s: Fix WSS and SR fields for the A83t")
Fixes: 515fcfbc7736 ("ASoC: sun4i-i2s: Fix LRCK and BCLK polarity offsets on newer SoCs")
Fixes: c1d3a921d72b ("ASoC: sun4i-i2s: Fix the MCLK and BCLK dividers on newer SoCs")
Fixes: fb19739d7f68 ("ASoC: sun4i-i2s: Use module clock as BCLK parent on newer SoCs")
Fixes: 71137bcd0a9a ("ASoC: sun4i-i2s: Move the format configuration to a callback")
Fixes: d70be625f25a ("ASoC: sun4i-i2s: Move the channel configuration to a callback")
Reported-by: Chen-Yu Tsai <[email-masked]>
Tested-by: Chen-Yu Tsai <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Maxime Ripard <[email-masked]>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
---
 sound/soc/sunxi/sun4i-i2s.c | 24 ++++++++++++------------
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

diff --git a/sound/soc/sunxi/sun4i-i2s.c b/sound/soc/sunxi/sun4i-i2s.c
index a6a3f772fdf0..d0a8d5810c0a 100644
--- a/sound/soc/sunxi/sun4i-i2s.c
+++ b/sound/soc/sunxi/sun4i-i2s.c
@@ -1106,18 +1106,18 @@ static const struct sun4i_i2s_quirks sun8i_a83t_i2s_quirks = {
 	.has_reset		= true,
 	.reg_offset_txdata	= SUN8I_I2S_FIFO_TX_REG,
 	.sun4i_i2s_regmap	= &sun4i_i2s_regmap_config,
-	.field_clkdiv_mclk_en	= REG_FIELD(SUN4I_I2S_CLK_DIV_REG, 8, 8),
-	.field_fmt_wss		= REG_FIELD(SUN4I_I2S_FMT0_REG, 0, 2),
-	.field_fmt_sr		= REG_FIELD(SUN4I_I2S_FMT0_REG, 4, 6),
-	.bclk_dividers		= sun8i_i2s_clk_div,
-	.num_bclk_dividers	= ARRAY_SIZE(sun8i_i2s_clk_div),
-	.mclk_dividers		= sun8i_i2s_clk_div,
-	.num_mclk_dividers	= ARRAY_SIZE(sun8i_i2s_clk_div),
-	.get_bclk_parent_rate	= sun8i_i2s_get_bclk_parent_rate,
-	.get_sr			= sun8i_i2s_get_sr_wss,
-	.get_wss		= sun8i_i2s_get_sr_wss,
-	.set_chan_cfg		= sun8i_i2s_set_chan_cfg,
-	.set_fmt		= sun8i_i2s_set_soc_fmt,
+	.field_clkdiv_mclk_en	= REG_FIELD(SUN4I_I2S_CLK_DIV_REG, 7, 7),
+	.field_fmt_wss		= REG_FIELD(SUN4I_I2S_FMT0_REG, 2, 3),
+	.field_fmt_sr		= REG_FIELD(SUN4I_I2S_FMT0_REG, 4, 5),
+	.bclk_dividers		= sun4i_i2s_bclk_div,
+	.num_bclk_dividers	= ARRAY_SIZE(sun4i_i2s_bclk_div),
+	.mclk_dividers		= sun4i_i2s_mclk_div,
+	.num_mclk_dividers	= ARRAY_SIZE(sun4i_i2s_mclk_div),
+	.get_bclk_parent_rate	= sun4i_i2s_get_bclk_parent_rate,
+	.get_sr			= sun4i_i2s_get_sr,
+	.get_wss		= sun4i_i2s_get_wss,
+	.set_chan_cfg		= sun4i_i2s_set_chan_cfg,
+	.set_fmt		= sun4i_i2s_set_soc_fmt,
 };
 
 static const struct sun4i_i2s_quirks sun8i_h3_i2s_quirks = {
-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel