Subject: Re: [PATCH ARM64 v4.4 V3 00/44] V4.4 backport of arm64 Spectre patches

From: Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 17:18:20 +0100

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 05:03:45PM +0530, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Viresh,

> This series backports arm64 spectre patches to v4.4 stable kernel. I
> have started this backport with Mark Rutland's backport of Spectre to
> 4.9 [1] and tried applying the upstream version of them over 4.4 and
> resolved conflicts by checking how they have been resolved in 4.9.
> 
> The KVM changes are mostly dropped as the KVM code in v4.4 is quite
> different and it makes backport more complex. This was suggested by the
> ARM team.

I'm reviewing this backport now, but it's going to take me a few days to
get through the entire series, so please don't be surprised if I'm quiet
until the middle of next week.

If I spot any issues I'll reply immediately, but please poke if I
haven't said anything by Wednesday.

Thanks,
Mark.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel