Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] vmalloc: lift the arm flag for coherent mappings to common code

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 10:29:18 +0100

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 08:29:21AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> The arm architecture had a VM_ARM_DMA_CONSISTENT flag to mark DMA
> coherent remapping for a while.  Lift this flag to common code so
> that we can use it generically.  We also check it in the only place
> VM_USERMAP is directly check so that we can entirely replace that
> flag as well (although I'm not even sure why we'd want to allow
> remapping DMA appings, but I'd rather not change behavior).

Good, because if you did change that behaviour, you'd break almost
every ARM framebuffer and cripple ARM audio drivers.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 12.1Mbps down 622kbps up
According to speedtest.net: 11.9Mbps down 500kbps up

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel