Subject: Re: next-20190830 on Droid 4 was Re: [PATCH 0/4] musb host improvments mostly for omap2430 glue

From: Pavel Machek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2019 21:49:11 +0200

On Sun 2019-09-01 21:39:25, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
> 
> > So I ended up cleaning up omap2430 glue layer a bit for host mode with the
> > various reproducable errors I was seeing docking droid4 to a lapdock. There
> > are a few fixes, and then we end up removing all the devctl register tinkering
> > for omap2430 glue layer.
> 
> I thought I'd test this, so I took
> 
> commit 6d028043b55e54f48fbdf62ea8ce11a4ad830cac
>     Add linux-next specific files for 20190830
> 
> Series (and the other two patches you sent around it) applies ok, but
> the result does not boot.

Hmm. Maybe I'm just having problem with the backlight. I do see
regulator failure:

[    2.143920] cpcap-usb-phy cpcap-usb-phy.0: using device tree for
GPIO lookup
[    2.151031] of_get_named_gpiod_flags: parsed 'mode-gpios' property
of node ')
[    2.166015] gpio gpiochip2: Persistence not supported for GPIO 28
214935] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[    2.219604] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1 at drivers/regulator/core.c:2040
_regulat0
[    2.228118] Modules linked in:
[    2.231201] CPU: 0 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted
5.3.0-rc6-next-20190834
[    2.238800] Hardware name: Generic OMAP4 (Flattened Device Tree)
[    2.244873] [<c010f224>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010b4fc>]
(show_stack+0x)
[    2.252655] [<c010b4fc>] (show_stack) from [<c08ca584>]
(dump_stack+0xa8/0xc)

and some drm problems:

[   59.303253] omap-mcbsp 40124000.mcbsp: CLKS: could not clk_get()
prcm_fck
[   59.311492] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[   59.314666] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 2704 at
drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/dss/hdmi4.c0
[   59.325866] Modules linked in:
[   59.328948] CPU: 0 PID: 2704 Comm: alsa-sink-HDMI  Tainted: G
W      4
[   59.337982] Hardware name: Generic OMAP4 (Flattened Device Tree)
[   59.344757] [<c010f224>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010b4fc>]
(show_stack+0x)
[   59.352569] [<c010b4fc>] (show_stack) from [<c08ca584>]
(dump_stack+0xa8/0xc)
[   59.359832] [<c08ca584>] (dump_stack) from [<c012de94>]
(__warn+0xc8/0xf0)

But I get login prompt on the serial. And after I do:

root@devuan:/sys/class/leds/lm3532::backlight# echo 255 > brightness

I can even see X are running.

Good so far :-).

Best regards,							Pavel

-- 
DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel