Subject: [PATCH 0/3] arm64: KVM: Kiss hyp_alternate_select() goodbye

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2019 22:12:34 +0100

hyp_alternate_select() is a leftover from the my second attempt at
supporting VHE (the first one was never merged, thankfully), and is
now an irrelevant relic. It was a way to patch function pointers
without having to dereference memory, a bit like static keys for
function calls.

Lovely idea, but since Christoffer mostly separated the VHE and !VHE
hypervisor paths, most of the uses of hyp_alternate_select() are
gone. What is left is two instances that are better replaced by
already existing static keys. One of the instances becomes
cpus_have_const_cap(), and the rest is a light sprinkling of
has_vhe().

So off it goes.

Marc Zyngier (3):
  arm64: KVM: Drop hyp_alternate_select for checking for
    ARM64_WORKAROUND_834220
  arm64: KVM: Replace hyp_alternate_select with has_vhe()
  arm64: KVM: Kill hyp_alternate_select()

 arch/arm64/include/asm/kvm_hyp.h | 24 ---------------------
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/switch.c      | 17 ++-------------
 arch/arm64/kvm/hyp/tlb.c         | 36 +++++++++++++++++++-------------
 3 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 53 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel