Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 2/2] drm/bridge: Add NWL MIPI DSI host controller support

From: kbuild test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 11:28:44 +0800

Hi "Guido,

I love your patch! Perhaps something to improve:

[auto build test WARNING on linus/master]
[cannot apply to v5.3-rc6 next-20190830]
[if your patch is applied to the wrong git tree, please drop us a note to help improve the system]

url:    https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commits/Guido-G-nther/dt-bindings-display-bridge-Add-binding-for-NWL-mipi-dsi-host-controller/20190901-114958
config: i386-allmodconfig (attached as .config)
compiler: gcc-7 (Debian 7.4.0-11) 7.4.0
reproduce:
        # save the attached .config to linux build tree
        make ARCH=i386 

If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
Reported-by: kbuild test robot <[email-masked]>

All warnings (new ones prefixed by >>):

   In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/nwl-dsi/nwl-dsi.c:22:0:
   drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/nwl-dsi/nwl-dsi.c: In function 'nwl_dsi_read_packet':
>> include/drm/drm_print.h:313:32: warning: format '%lu' expects argument of type 'long unsigned int', but argument 5 has type 'size_t {aka const unsigned int}' [-Wformat=]
     drm_dev_printk(dev, KERN_ERR, "*ERROR* " fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
                                   ^
>> drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/nwl-dsi/nwl-dsi.c:402:4: note: in expansion of macro 'DRM_DEV_ERROR'
       DRM_DEV_ERROR(
       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/nwl-dsi/nwl-dsi.c:404:41: note: format string is defined here
        "[%02X] Receive buffer too small: %lu (< %u)\n",
                                          ~~^
                                          %u

coccinelle warnings: (new ones prefixed by >>)

>> drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/nwl-dsi/nwl-dsi.c:233:5-17: WARNING: Unsigned expression compared with zero: color_format < 0

vim +313 include/drm/drm_print.h

02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  288  
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  289  #define _DRM_PRINTK(once, level, fmt, ...)				\
db87086492581c Joe Perches     2018-03-16  290  	printk##once(KERN_##level "[" DRM_NAME "] " fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  291  
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  292  #define DRM_INFO(fmt, ...)						\
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  293  	_DRM_PRINTK(, INFO, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  294  #define DRM_NOTE(fmt, ...)						\
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  295  	_DRM_PRINTK(, NOTICE, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  296  #define DRM_WARN(fmt, ...)						\
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  297  	_DRM_PRINTK(, WARNING, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  298  
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  299  #define DRM_INFO_ONCE(fmt, ...)						\
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  300  	_DRM_PRINTK(_once, INFO, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  301  #define DRM_NOTE_ONCE(fmt, ...)						\
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  302  	_DRM_PRINTK(_once, NOTICE, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  303  #define DRM_WARN_ONCE(fmt, ...)						\
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  304  	_DRM_PRINTK(_once, WARNING, fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  305  
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  306  /**
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  307   * Error output.
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  308   *
091756bbb1a961 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  309   * @dev: device pointer
091756bbb1a961 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  310   * @fmt: printf() like format string.
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  311   */
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  312  #define DRM_DEV_ERROR(dev, fmt, ...)					\
db87086492581c Joe Perches     2018-03-16 @313  	drm_dev_printk(dev, KERN_ERR, "*ERROR* " fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  314  #define DRM_ERROR(fmt, ...)						\
99a954874e7b9f Joe Perches     2018-03-13  315  	drm_err(fmt, ##__VA_ARGS__)
02c9656b2f0d69 Haneen Mohammed 2017-10-17  316  

:::::: The code at line 313 was first introduced by commit
:::::: db87086492581c87f768b7d17d01308153ecffc1 drm: Reduce object size of DRM_DEV_<LEVEL> uses

:::::: TO: Joe Perches <[email-masked]>
:::::: CC: Daniel Vetter <[email-masked]>

---
0-DAY kernel test infrastructure                Open Source Technology Center
https://lists.01.org/pipermail/kbuild-all                   Intel Corporation
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel