Subject: Re: [PATCH -next 25/36] spi: s3c24xx: use devm_platform_ioremap_resource() to simplify code

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 17:13:48 +0100

On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 05:09:45PM +0200, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 at 16:39, Mark Brown <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > I think it's reasonable, it's giving credit to the automated system
> > they've got running coccinelle (which they do mention in their commit
> > logs).  It doesn't really hurt anyone and lets people see their system
> > is finding stuff.

> Running internally coccinelle is already credited with commit author.
> The credits are coming with "From:" field.

I guess if other people look at the same CI and send patches as well
then there's some use tying them all together.

> Otherwise for commits I send I could use:
>   From: krzk
>   ...
>   Reported-by: www.krzk.eu
>   Signed-off-by: krzk
> To me it is ridiculous.

Sure, on the other hand it doesn't really cost anyone anything if you do
that.

> Different thing is that Reported-by is for fixing bugs or issues.
> There is no bug here. There is no problem solved except making the
> code smaller. That's not what is Reported-by for.

That is true, this one isn't fixing any bug but then the line does get a
bit fuzzy all round with things like warnings and coccinelle output -
even just having the warning pop up is noise for people looking at the
output even if there's no concrete problem.  Again I don't see it as
something that's worth getting worked up over.
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel