Subject: Re: [V2, 2/2] media: i2c: Add DW9768 VCM driver

From: Andy Shevchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 13:19:08 +0300

On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 11:21:34AM +0300, Sakari Ailus wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 03:21:42PM +0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> > From: Dongchun Zhu <[email-masked]>

> > +static const struct i2c_device_id dw9768_id_table[] = {
> > +	{ DW9768_NAME, 0 },
> > +	{ },
> 
> Could you drop the I²C ID table?

But why?
It will allow you to instanciate the device from user space.

+Cc: Javier.

Javier, is it needed in new code?

-- 
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel