Subject: Re: [PATCH] clk: imx: pll14xx: Fix quick switch of S/K parameter

From: Stephen Boyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 10:24:51 -0700

Quoting Leonard Crestez (2019-09-04 02:49:18)
> The PLL14xx on imx8m can change the S and K parameter without requiring
> a reset and relock of the whole PLL.
> 
> Fix clk_pll144xx_mp_change register reading and use it for pll1443 as
> well since no reset+relock is required on K changes either.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Leonard Crestez <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  drivers/clk/imx/clk-pll14xx.c | 40 +++++++----------------------------
>  1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)
> 
> The PLLs are currently table-based and none of the entries differ only
> in S/K so further work would be required to make use of this. The
> prospective user is audio doing tiny freq adjustments and there is no
> standard API for that.

sub-Hz adjustments?

> 
> Lacking users is not a good reason to carry broken code around.

Maybe add a Fixes tag so if anyone wants to use it in LTS kernels there
might be a chance that they'll find this patch mention code they're
using.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel