Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] Add new binding regulator-fixed-clock to regulator-fixed

From: Philippe Schenker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 06:21:13 +0000

Our hardware has a FET that is switching power rail of the ethernet PHY
on and off. This switching enable signal is a clock from the SoC.

There is no possibility in regulator subsystem to have this hardware
reflected in software.

I already discussed with Mark Brown about possible solutions and he
suggested to create at least a new compatible. [1]
This discussion includes also a better explanation of our circuit as
well as schematics. So please refer to that link if you have questions
about that.

In this first attempt I created a new binding "regulator-fixed-clock"
that can take a clock from devicetree. This is a simple addition to
regulator-fixed. If the binding regulator-fixed-clock is given, the
clock is simply enabled on regulator enable and disabled on regulator
disable.
To be able to have multiple consumers a counter variable is also given
that tells how many consumers need power from this regulator.

Best regards,
Philippe

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/8/7/78

Changes in v2:
- return priv->clk_enable_counter > 0 directly.
- Change select: to if:
- Change items: to enum:
- Defined how many clocks should be given

Philippe Schenker (3):
  regulator: fixed: add possibility to enable by clock
  ARM: dts: imx6ull-colibri: add phy-supply and respective regulator
  dt-bindings: regulator: add regulator-fixed-clock binding

 .../bindings/regulator/fixed-regulator.yaml   | 19 ++++-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-colibri.dtsi        | 12 +++
 drivers/regulator/fixed.c                     | 83 ++++++++++++++++++-
 3 files changed, 110 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel