Subject: [PATCH] Documentation: document earlycon without options for more platforms

From: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:03:16 +0200

The earlycon options without arguments is supposed on all device
tree platforms, not just arm64.

Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt | 10 ++++------
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt b/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt
index 4c1971960afa..fe81d8922edd 100644
--- a/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt
+++ b/Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt
@@ -977,12 +977,10 @@
 
 	earlycon=	[KNL] Output early console device and options.
 
-			[ARM64] The early console is determined by the
-			stdout-path property in device tree's chosen node,
-			or determined by the ACPI SPCR table.
-
-			[X86] When used with no options the early console is
-			determined by the ACPI SPCR table.
+			When used with no options the early console is
+			determined by stdout-path property in device tree's
+			chosen node or the ACPI SPCR table if supported by
+			the platform.
 
 		cdns,<addr>[,options]
 			Start an early, polled-mode console on a Cadence
-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel