Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] arm64: dts: meson-g12: add support for PCIe

From: Neil Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 14:50:16 +0200

This patchset :
- updates the Amlogic PCI bindings for G12A
- reworks the Amlogic PCIe driver to make use of the
G12a USB3+PCIe Combo PHY instead of directly writing in
the PHY register
- adds the necessary operations to the G12a USB3+PCIe Combo PHY driver
- adds the PCIe Node for G12A, G12B and SM1 SoCs
- adds the commented support for the S922X, A311D and S905D3 based
VIM3 boards.

The VIM3 schematic can be found at [1].

This patchset is dependent on Remi's "Fix reset assertion via gpio descriptor"
patch at [2].

This patchset has been tested in a A311D VIM3 and S905D3 VIM3L using a
128Go TS128GMTE110S NVMe PCIe module.

For indication, here is a bonnie++ run as ext4 formatted on the VIM3:
     ------Sequential Output------ --Sequential Input- --Random-
     -Per Chr- --Block-- -Rewrite- -Per Chr- --Block-- --Seeks--
Size K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP /sec %CP
  4G 93865  99 312837  96 194487  23 102808  97 415501 21 +++++ +++

and the S905D3 VIM3L version:
     ------Sequential Output------ --Sequential Input- --Random-
     -Per Chr- --Block-- -Rewrite- -Per Chr- --Block-- --Seeks--
Size K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP  /sec %CP
  4G 52144  95 71766  21 47302  10 57078  98 415469  44 +++++ +++

Changes since v1 at [3]:
 - Collected Andrew's and Rob's Reviewed-by tags
 - Added missing calls to phy_init/phy_exit
 - Fixes has_shared_phy handling for MIPI clock
 - Add comment in the DT concerning firmware setting the right properties
 - Added SM1 Power Domain to PCIe node

[1] https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/HardwareDocs.html
[2] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11125261/
[3] https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11136927/

Neil Armstrong (6):
  dt-bindings: pci: amlogic,meson-pcie: Add G12A bindings
  PCI: amlogic: Fix probed clock names
  PCI: amlogic: meson: Add support for G12A
  phy: meson-g12a-usb3-pcie: Add support for PCIe mode
  arm64: dts: meson-g12a: Add PCIe node
  arm64: dts: khadas-vim3: add commented support for PCIe

 .../bindings/pci/amlogic,meson-pcie.txt       |  12 +-
 .../boot/dts/amlogic/meson-g12-common.dtsi    |  33 +++++
 .../amlogic/meson-g12b-a311d-khadas-vim3.dts  |  25 ++++
 .../amlogic/meson-g12b-s922x-khadas-vim3.dts  |  25 ++++
 .../boot/dts/amlogic/meson-khadas-vim3.dtsi   |   4 +
 .../dts/amlogic/meson-sm1-khadas-vim3l.dts    |  25 ++++
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-sm1.dtsi    |   4 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pci-meson.c        | 132 ++++++++++++++----
 .../phy/amlogic/phy-meson-g12a-usb3-pcie.c    |  70 ++++++++--
 9 files changed, 292 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel