Subject: Re: [PATCH V5 00/11] clk: imx8: add new clock binding for better pm support

From: Stephen Boyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 23:08:34 -0700

Quoting Dong Aisheng (2019-09-09 19:09:57)
> This is a follow up of this patch series.
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/10924029/
> [V2,0/2] clk: imx: scu: add parsing clocks from device tree support
> 
> This patch series is a preparation for the MX8 Architecture improvement.
> As for IMX SCU based platforms like MX8QM and MX8QXP, they are comprised
> of a couple of SS(Subsystems) while most of them within the same SS
> can be shared. e.g. Clocks, Devices and etc.
> 
> However, current clock binding is using SW IDs for device tree to use
> which can cause troubles in writing the common <soc>-ss-xx.dtsi file for
> different SoCs.
> 
> This patch series aims to introduce a new binding which is more close to
> hardware and platform independent and can makes us write a more general
> drivers for different SCU based SoCs.
> 
> Another important thing is that on MX8, each Clock resource is associated
> with a power domain. So we have to attach that clock device to the power
> domain in order to make it work properly. Further more, the clock state
> will be lost when its power domain is completely off during suspend/resume,
> so we also introduce the clock state save&restore mechanism.

I had some more comments on v4. I'm going to wait for those to be
addressed before reviewing this series.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel