Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] PCI: aardvark: Fix PCI_EXP_RTCTL register configuration

From: Thomas Petazzoni <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 14:08:04 +0200

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 12:10:59 +0200
Remi Pommarel <[email-masked]> wrote:

> PCI_EXP_RTCTL is used to activate PME interrupt only, so writing into it
> should not modify other interrupts' mask. The ISR mask polarity was also
> inverted, when PCI_EXP_RTCTL_PMEIE is set PCIE_MSG_PM_PME_MASK mask bit
> should actually be cleared.
> 
> Fixes: 8a3ebd8de328 ("PCI: aardvark: Implement emulated root PCI bridge config space")
> Signed-off-by: Remi Pommarel <[email-masked]>

Sorry for the long delay, but:

Acked-by: Thomas Petazzoni <[email-masked]>

I did verify that indeed the polarity of the PME interrupt bit is
different between the standard PCI_EXP_RTCTL register and the
Aardvark-specific ISR0 mask register. And obviously, we shouldn't
clobber other bits of the ISR0 mask register when changing the PME
interrupt enable/disable state.

I did a quick test with a E1000E NIC and it worked fine.

Thanks!

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel