Subject: [PATCH 00/11] of: dma-ranges fixes and improvements

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 19:24:44 -0500

This series fixes several issues related to 'dma-ranges'. Primarily,
'dma-ranges' in a PCI bridge node does correctly set dma masks for PCI
devices not described in the DT. A common case needing dma-ranges is a
32-bit PCIe bridge on a 64-bit system. This affects several platforms
including Broadcom, NXP, Renesas, and Arm Juno. There's been several
attempts to fix these issues, most recently earlier this week[1].

In the process, I found several bugs in the address translation. It
appears that things have happened to work as various DTs happen to use
1:1 addresses.

First 3 patches are just some clean-up. The 4th patch adds a unittest
exhibiting the issues. Patches 5-9 rework how of_dma_configure() works
making it work on either a struct device child node or a struct
device_node parent node so that it works on bus leaf nodes like PCI
bridges. Patches 10 and 11 fix 2 issues with address translation for
dma-ranges.

My testing on this has been with QEMU virt machine hacked up to set PCI
dma-ranges and the unittest. Nicolas reports this series resolves the
issues on Rpi4 and NXP Layerscape platforms.

Rob

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/[email-masked]/

Rob Herring (5):
  of: Remove unused of_find_matching_node_by_address()
  of: Make of_dma_get_range() private
  of/unittest: Add dma-ranges address translation tests
  of/address: Translate 'dma-ranges' for parent nodes missing
    'dma-ranges'
  of/address: Fix of_pci_range_parser_one translation of DMA addresses

Robin Murphy (6):
  of: address: Report of_dma_get_range() errors meaningfully
  of: Ratify of_dma_configure() interface
  of/address: Introduce of_get_next_dma_parent() helper
  of: address: Follow DMA parent for "dma-coherent"
  of: Factor out #{addr,size}-cells parsing
  of: Make of_dma_get_range() work on bus nodes

 drivers/of/address.c                        | 83 +++++++++----------
 drivers/of/base.c                           | 32 ++++---
 drivers/of/device.c                         | 12 ++-
 drivers/of/of_private.h                     | 14 ++++
 drivers/of/unittest-data/testcases.dts      |  1 +
 drivers/of/unittest-data/tests-address.dtsi | 48 +++++++++++
 drivers/of/unittest.c                       | 92 +++++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/of_address.h                  | 21 +----
 include/linux/of_device.h                   |  4 +-
 9 files changed, 227 insertions(+), 80 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/of/unittest-data/tests-address.dtsi

--
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel