Subject: Re: [PATCH] ARM: dts: stm32: Enable high resolution timer

From: Sudeep Holla <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 13:59:12 +0100

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 12:44:55PM +0000, Benjamin GAIGNARD wrote:

[...]
>
> Even in low-power modes this timer is always powered and clocked so it
> is working fine.
>

Is that tested ? I see only cpu_{on,off} available on this platform with
PSCI v0.1. Did you add cpu_suspend, idle-states and then gave it a spin ?
Or do you have some other idle driver with which this is tested ?

Also I don't understand how "always-on" is linked to hrtimer. Always on
timers are just selected to be broadcast timer without sacrificing(simply
keeping) a cpu to be always active for broadcast purposes.

--
Regards,
Sudeep

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel