Subject: [PATCH 0/3] KVM: arm64: Assorted PMU emulation fixes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2019 11:46:33 +0100

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>

I recently came across a number of PMU emulation bugs, all which can
result in unexpected behaviours in an unsuspecting guest. The first
two patches already have been discussed on the list, but I'm including
them here as part of a slightly longer series. The last patch fixes an
issue that has been here from day one, where we confuse architectural
overflow of a counter and perf sampling period.

If nobody disagrees, I'll send them upstream shortly.

Marc Zyngier (3):
  KVM: arm64: pmu: Fix cycle counter truncation
  arm64: KVM: Handle PMCR_EL0.LC as RES1 on pure AArch64 systems
  KVM: arm64: pmu: Reset sample period on overflow handling

 arch/arm64/kvm/sys_regs.c |  4 ++++
 virt/kvm/arm/pmu.c        | 34 ++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
 2 files changed, 28 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel