Subject: Re: [PATCH] Documentation: add link to stm32mp157 docs

From: Jonathan Corbet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2019 09:32:08 -0600

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 10:05:46 +0000
Gerald BAEZA <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > > Adding the URL is a fine idea.  But you don't need the extra syntax to
> > > create a link if you're not going to actually make a link out of it.
> > > So I'd take the ".. _STM32MP157:" part out and life will be good.
> > >  
> > 
> > We also did it for older stm32 product. Idea was to not have the "full"
> > address but just a shortcut of the link when html file is read. It maybe makes
> > no sens ? (if yes we will have to update older stm32 overview :))  
> 
> Example in https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/arm/stm32/stm32h743-overview.html
> 
> Do you agree to continue like this ?

If you actually use the reference then it's OK, I guess; in the posted
document that wasn't happening.  I still think it might be a bit more
straightforward to just put the URL; that will make the plain-text file a
little more readable.  In the end, though, it's up to you, go with
whichever you prefer.

Thanks,

jon

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel