Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm64: cpufeature: Fix truncating a feature value

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 14:29:22 +0200

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 12:12:01PM +0100, Suzuki K Poulose wrote:
> All,
> 
> On 10/10/2019 12:08, Suzuki K Poulose wrote:
> > A signed feature value is truncated to turn to an unsigned value
> > causing bad state in the system wide infrastructure. This affects
> > the discovery of FP/ASIMD support on arm64. Fix this by making sure
> > we cast it properly.
> > 
> > Fixes: 4f0a606bce5ec ("arm64: cpufeature: Track unsigned fields")
> > Cc: [email-masked] # v4.4
> 
> Please note that this patch is only applicable for stable 4.4 tree.
> I should have removed the Fixes tag.

Why is it only for 4.4?  That needs to be documented really really
really well in the changelog as to why this is a one-off patch, and why
we can't just take the relevant patches that are in Linus's tree
instead.

Please fix up and resend.

thanks,

greg k-h

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel