Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm64: cpufeature: Fix truncating a feature value

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 06:55:38 +0200

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 02:19:43PM +0100, Suzuki K Poulose wrote:
> A signed feature value is truncated to turn to an unsigned value
> causing bad state in the system wide infrastructure. This affects
> the discovery of FP/ASIMD support on arm64. Fix this by making sure
> we cast it properly.
> 
> This was inadvertently fixed upstream in v4.6 onwards with the following :
> commit 28c5dcb22f90113dea ("arm64: Rename cpuid_feature field extract routines")

What prevents us from just taking that commit instead?  You did not
document that here at all, which I thought I asked for.

Also, you only need 12 digits for a sha1, 28c5dcb22f90 ("arm64: Rename
cpuid_feature field extract routines") would be just fine :)

thanks,

greg k-h

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel