Subject: [PATCH v2 17/25] PCI: versatile: Remove usage of PHYS_OFFSET

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 15:06:39 -0500

PHYS_OFFSET is not universally defined on all arches and using it prevents
enabling COMPILE_TEST. PAGE_OFFSET and __pa() are always available, so use
them to get the physical start of memory address.

This should have probably used 'dma-ranges' to get the address, but we
don't want to force a DT update to do that. At least in QEMU, the SMAP
registers have no effect (or perhaps the only value that is handled is 0).

Cc: Lorenzo Pieralisi <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andrew Murray <[email-masked]>
Cc: Bjorn Helgaas <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
---
v2:
- New patch to fix build failure on some arches.

 drivers/pci/controller/pci-versatile.c | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/pci/controller/pci-versatile.c b/drivers/pci/controller/pci-versatile.c
index 18697f2ea345..eae1b859990b 100644
--- a/drivers/pci/controller/pci-versatile.c
+++ b/drivers/pci/controller/pci-versatile.c
@@ -99,7 +99,7 @@ static int versatile_pci_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
 	resource_list_for_each_entry(entry, &bridge->windows) {
 		if (resource_type(entry->res) == IORESOURCE_MEM) {
 			writel(entry->res->start >> 28, PCI_IMAP(mem));
-			writel(PHYS_OFFSET >> 28, PCI_SMAP(mem));
+			writel(__pa(PAGE_OFFSET) >> 28, PCI_SMAP(mem));
 			mem++;
 		}
 	}
@@ -136,9 +136,9 @@ static int versatile_pci_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
 	/*
 	 * Configure the PCI inbound memory windows to be 1:1 mapped to SDRAM
 	 */
-	writel(PHYS_OFFSET, local_pci_cfg_base + PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_0);
-	writel(PHYS_OFFSET, local_pci_cfg_base + PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_1);
-	writel(PHYS_OFFSET, local_pci_cfg_base + PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_2);
+	writel(__pa(PAGE_OFFSET), local_pci_cfg_base + PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_0);
+	writel(__pa(PAGE_OFFSET), local_pci_cfg_base + PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_1);
+	writel(__pa(PAGE_OFFSET), local_pci_cfg_base + PCI_BASE_ADDRESS_2);

 	/*
 	 * For many years the kernel and QEMU were symbiotically buggy
--
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel