Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/4] i2c: at91: implement i2c bus recovery

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 22:20:44 +0200

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 04:46:56PM +0200, Kamel Bouhara wrote:
> Implement i2c bus recovery when slaves devices might hold SDA low.
> In this case re-assign SCL/SDA to gpios and issue 9 dummy clock pulses
> until the slave release SDA.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Kamel Bouhara <[email-masked]>

Setting up the bus_recovery looks OK. However, I don't see any call to
i2c_recover_bus(), so the bus_recovery is never used. Did you test this
and see an effect?

Also, I think we should merge this patch "[PATCH v3] i2c: at91: Send bus
clear command if SCL or SDA is down" into this series. The crucial thing
for both is when to apply the recovery (at the beginning of a
transfer!). The rest is "just" that some HW needs a bus_recovery_info
for pinctrl/GPIO handling (from this patch), while other HW needs a
bus_recovery_info with a custom recover_bus callback.

Opinions?

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel