Subject: [PATCH i2c-next 0/2] i2c: aspeed: Add H/W timeout support

From: Jae Hyun Yoo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 13:24:12 -0700

In case of multi-master environment, if a peer master incorrectly handles
a bus in the middle of a transaction, I2C hardware hangs in slave state
and it can't escape from the slave state, so this commit adds slave
inactive timeout support to recover the bus in the case.

By applying this change, SDA data-low and SCL clock-low timeout feature
also can be enabled which was disabled previously.

Jae Hyun Yoo (2):
  dt-bindings: i2c: aspeed: add hardware timeout support
  i2c: aspeed: add slave inactive timeout support

 .../devicetree/bindings/i2c/i2c-aspeed.txt    |  2 +
 drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-aspeed.c               | 82 +++++++++++++++++--
 2 files changed, 78 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
2.23.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel