Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] Add USB 3 support for H6 and Orange Pi 3

From: Ondrej Jirman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:54:56 +0200

This series implements USB 3 support for Xunlong Orange Pi 3 board.

This is a re-hash of the Icenowy's earlier USB3 work[1] without code
that caused controversy previously. Orange Pi 3 board doesn't need vbus
supply to be dynamically enabled, so that code is not needed to support
USB3 on this board.

Most of patches are already reviewed. I've converted dt-bindings to yaml
format, and added the Orange Pi 3 board modifications.

Hopefully with this series we can get USB3 support into mainline for
Orange Pi 3, and build on it later to support more boards, where
supporting them is more complicated.

Please take a look.

thank you and regards,
  Ondrej Jirman

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/patch/1058919/

Changes in v2:
- Added Maxime's Acked-By's
- Fixed title of DT bindings file

Changes since Icenowy v5 series:
- use earlier patches that did not include VBUS regulator/connector
  code
- converted dt bindings to yaml
- added patch to enable usb3 on Orange Pi 3

Icenowy Zheng (2):
  phy: allwinner: add phy driver for USB3 PHY on Allwinner H6 SoC
  arm64: dts: allwinner: h6: add USB3 device nodes

Ondrej Jirman (2):
  dt-bindings: Add bindings for USB3 phy on Allwinner H6
  arm64: dts: allwinner: orange-pi-3: Enable USB 3.0 host support

 .../phy/allwinner,sun50i-h6-usb3-phy.yaml     |  47 +++++
 .../dts/allwinner/sun50i-h6-orangepi-3.dts    |   8 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/allwinner/sun50i-h6.dtsi  |  32 +++
 drivers/phy/allwinner/Kconfig                 |  12 ++
 drivers/phy/allwinner/Makefile                |   1 +
 drivers/phy/allwinner/phy-sun50i-usb3.c       | 195 ++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 295 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/allwinner,sun50i-h6-usb3-phy.yaml
 create mode 100644 drivers/phy/allwinner/phy-sun50i-usb3.c

-- 
2.23.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel